Business process management helps organizations leverage processes to achieve their goals and be successful. Once processes are implemented, they must be monitored, evaluated, and optimized to make sure they are still meeting the goals that they were designed to accomplish. A business that can successfully manage its processes is able to maintain a competitive edge, while increasing productivity and efficiency and decreasing costs.
This ten hour course will introduce you to business process management. You’ll learn how business processes can help you improve your company’s bottom line by providing a higher level of quality and consistency for your customers.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define business process management and related concepts
- Recognize the vital role processes play in a business
- Appreciate the role of technology in process management
- Develop a vision to guide process improvement
- Understand how to design or enhance an existing process using the business process life cycle
- Construct a process map
- Perform a what-if analysis to improve your processes
- Implement and monitor process changes
- Identify how Lean and Six Sigma methods can assist in managing and improving processes
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to eliminate waste and redundancies
What Topics are Covered?
- The fundamentals of business process management
- Defining business process management
- Reflecting on processes
- The business process life cycle
- The vision phase
- The design phase (including process mapping)
- The modeling phase
- The execution phase
- The monitoring phase (including an introduction to the balanced scorecard and business activity monitoring)
- The optimizing phase (including an introduction to Lean and Six Sigma methods)